Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Taste my Blood


Taste my Blood

Is there anyone out there
Who wants to see me lucky?
Or is there even anyone in there
Who wants to see the darn truth?

Feeling atrociously confident and vigorous
Such world-shaking persuasive strong
Not only as a rule only superficially
Without any power or faith
Principally, just wrong

Somehow I am through with human nature
I'm through with some world's reality
There's more that I want to get
Maybe I am a wild tiger
But surely no pet

Maybe I am simply, a simple man
Maybe I am, 'oh, my God" some ol' black
An Indian, any ol' shade of gray, or an alien
From ruddy Venus, alive, dying or even dead

Go on, fine with me, thinking that 
I'm really unbearably rough
But what you can see
 Is never enough

You've got to feel all of it
And deal with what is hot
Do more than you can
To know who I am

And taste
But not waste
My blood



HC_B - 02/03/98
[19:30 PM]

No comments:

Post a Comment