Monday, July 17, 2017

Wistful Hindsight



Wistful Hindsight
  
Did I ever hurt your feelings?
Although we still never met?
Do you feel me somehow?
Or any unfunny regret?

Did you ever experienced
Some steamy craving fever?
A hint of intimacy and ardor?
Have you ever been the believer?

Here I am with a broken heart anew
Stronger than ever, but hurt, but small
Just another friend was not granted to me
No greatest love, nothing finally, again, at all

I've not been honest, I am a liar against what I said
My dignity is infringed one more time, simply by myself
Not that simple is the aftermath of feeling idiotic and foolish
Being the book laid by for ever on the unneeded spot of the shelf

One more time I have to rise like phoenix from the ashes
To reach the sky, to honor life, to bop up and survive
Get my blood a transfusion of forgiveness, to fix
Recurrent substance abuse, staying alive!

And you, my dear, my destiny
Where have you been?
What a shame!
How mean!

No, I don't will ever hate you
No, ad infinitum I will forgive.
No, I don't put a single whit of
Umbrage in your light, even if

You could have safeguarded me
You could have been my love
You could have protected
Me from right above

Even that dead cat will bounce, yes
If dropped from the high enough
Hence I bounce back and back
Feeling however so rough

I do not repent, I have learned the lessons
To dance with the pain, to let go old me
To let go the one I used to be before
To accelerate, set my soul free...


H.C. Thiesgen
Tuesday 18th July 2017
01:17 hrs. ( MET + )

No comments:

Post a Comment