Thursday, August 3, 2017

More Than A Thing


More Than A Thing

Thank you for pointing out so lovely
All the good things you can find that I do
There's nobody else who does it, me including
That's one of all the reasons I have a fancy for you

But, it's not just a quirky mood, it's respect, kind of trust
It's a reality, behind and in front the mystery of now
More than a thing that happens then and again
Something, someone I depend on somehow

Without you, my life would be of no consequence
Without you, my life would be empty and stale
But roaming around like a motherless child
There never would be any wind in my sail

You keep me going, you make me stop
You make me want to be a better one
You are my idol, my ideal, my image
 My mirror I want to reflect more on

If I called you love, you'd run away
If I called you darling, you'd fear
If I call you whatever dearest
I won't ever have you near

Isn't it ironic, isn't it!?
The more I give you
The more you do
Seem to sue

However
I forgive you
Every time again
That's certainly true

Even if you don't want it
You're more than such a thing
You're not simply a lover, an affair
With or without sex, you're not a fling

You're definitely the sweetest thing in my life
Like the weather something I can't change
I take it the way it is, hoping for the best
Given the power of destiny to arrange

You're more than a thing, I guess
More than a thing, that I know
Stay with me, no matter what
Never ever let me or you go


H.C. Thiesgen (Behrens)
Thurs. 3rd August 2017

12:59 hrs. ( MET + )

No comments:

Post a Comment