Thursday, August 3, 2017

The Thing is ...


The Thing is ...


All the time when I'm thinking
I actually have a friend in my life
There follows the experience then
There is no such thing for me alive

Nothing or nobody to count on, oh
Something or somebody to really trust
Anything to give me the feeling of reliance
One 'thing' or one who wants it, and no must

Where I can tell what my heart wants to release
And, won't get ridiculous any time, anyway
Where even when it is time to go away
More than that one wants to stay

Where I can be sure there will be
A tomorrow, with a presence again
With words, with compassion, with
An interest, a togetherness, a plan

Oh, how I long for a thing to continue
Be in my life, be remarkable, and be true
Oh, take this feeling of doubt and question
From me away, all the whatever way through

How many things can I survive altogether?
How many ways confront the sadness of drop?
How many times will I be kicked by the boulder
That makes its way back to me from the top?

How much more can I take in the future?
Without any backup, without a friend?
How much more will I be ashamed?
With my lonely ground to stand?

Does everybody has to be a thing?
Just because I simply may be?
Do I have been a deceitful
Self-aggrandizing me?

If it's true, please, condone me
Whoever may have paid the price
Please, unharness me with forgiveness
Without out it, I won't ever have any dice!

But, do I have been deceitful and self-aggrandizing
To me? To myself? To the very best I once have known?
Then I will need more than just a thing to help me forgive
Because I won't be able to do it all on my 'tod', on my own

And, God?! - I don't know if there's such thing
Or more than a thing, even a being, to say
Though if there's such something or so
Take this as my prayer, take it away!


H.C. Thiesgen (Behrens)
Thursday 3rd August 2017
11:55 hrs. ( MET + )

No comments:

Post a Comment