Sunday, August 27, 2017

Lighthouse of Delusion


Lighthouse of Delusion


A friend is gone, my hopes, my acceptance
A good while of my life, a good memory
I prepare to face more than nothing
I stand up to not cave in misery

Wouldn't it be wonderful if money hadn't scarfed you
When your principles would not have been bought
Couldn't it be fantastic when you could love me
Without prejudices, fear or a second thought

What a great idea, what a dream it seems
Thinking that you might be different, be the one
Allow me to still hang on to hopes, that may be stupid
Faith, in the sweet home where I live for, where I belong

Who said that here, the solution couldn't have been you
Your friends? Your mother? Your ex? Apprehensibility?
You floored me hard down, you've been waiting for it
Pussy-footing around again with the usual facility


 I discern, know where you are coming from 
One is as good and as bad as is the other
You gave me more than an inch, yes
The mile took me away rather

No love, no home, no smile
No sweetest word to hear or to say
No day to be born again to look forward
No better than a list of happiness dying away

As likely as not, guess you won't surprise me anymore
Well, ego's pride has taken up your everyday all through
I'm swimming boldly in a sea of sadness, without a harbor
Without the lighthouse on shore which lovely has been you


H.C. Thiesgen ( Behrens )
Sun 27th August 2017
03:45 hrs. ( MET + )

No comments:

Post a Comment