Thursday, August 24, 2017

Touching Down


Touching Down

I'm landing in this time, again
What can I say, it really hurts
No picture could describe it
Neither a million words

"I'm through with love, I'll never fall again"
Actually, would be the right thing now to say
It sounds dramatic, and it is, without kidding
My faith fell apart, fell hard, cruelly astray

There is nothing left for me in this life
Save my pitiful, such adorable me
If only one could understand
My chances would be free

It's even better to be black
It's even better to be gay
Haunted or impaired
But to live this way

You, God, upper above
Or where the hell so ever
You made me intelligent
Though not very clever

You want me to fight for righteousness
You want me to fight for the future
Is there anything to gain for me
Short of a continuous suture

The suture of that ole scar
That stigma, mark, cicatrize
The seam that makes me ugly
Without the rectification to fix

I am just a child or an animal
Standing before love to be seen
Why have you, oh, forsaken me?
Why have you, oh, been mean?

I've been through a lot, so much
I've suffered unbearably oft-times
I haven't been a sacred of an angel
Still. I have not committed crimes

Don't want you to feel sorry again
That already dwells for me to do
"Holy Spirit", do not forget me!
"Jiminy", bail me out of blue!


H.C. Thiesgen ( Behrens )
Thurs 24th August 2017
08:55 hrs. ( MET + )

No comments:

Post a Comment