Sunday, July 17, 2016

The Complexional Prejudices of Man





The Complexional Prejudices of Man




If I believed the whole wide world
I wouldn't deserve one tiny little thing
I wouldn't be any worth any gold that mint
Neither the light nor the darkness or some ring

If I believed that world 
I wouldn't be worth my salt 
Not worth a fight or some try 
Being just fuss, factor and fault 

If I believed the world 
I'd merit no single friend 
No piece of luck, no chance 
Nor love or nor mirth to grant 

I would be simply transparent 
So opaque, dark and obscure as well
I'd be just a thing virtuously being used 
A place in one's heart where to dwell 

If I believed that world all around 
I'd be a paradise without such a garden 
I would not be worth my weight or my light 
I'd hardly deserve any single gentle so pardon 

But I don't believe it
I'm not such a simple fool 
I might be all of that and not 
I may be weird, green and cool 

But I'm even more than this little world
I'm much more than the world seems to know 
I'm more than the inner world of pain, guilt or hate 
And more space, water, air or energy with oars to row 

I'm a believer, some higher truth, and the blood 
That once has been shed to be saved and too, to save 
I am the creator of the world inside the so wider world 
A dream to be real and vigorous, and most of all brave 


HC_Behrens 
July 17th, 2016 
[12:58 hrs] 





No comments:

Post a Comment