Sunday, May 28, 2017

Starless Sky Star




Starless Sky Star


I wonder what had been of me
When I had had some more love
Would I still stumble and crumble?
Or being hitting such goal upper above

What if there had been that unconditional
That homely and safeness assuring kind of thing
Of mom and dad, and who whatsoever, again and again
A daily bell of freedom to wake up to, to sleep, and to ring

What if there had been and still were, some friends to call and see
When things get or are cramped, appalling, or even wonderful great
What if I could deal more gently with myself and even love me too
Rather than being unsoundly, contradicting myself or even hate

Could I be better with a little help of who knows, maybe me
Could I be in and up front with someone backing me up
Giving me that and such inexorable encouragement
Raising my morale and strengthening my pluck

I have a little bit of all of this, I know
And, I am grateful, not to forget
But if a little is not enough
And, failure what I get?

I’m such a sensitive
If you like indigent, so?
I may not be the only one
With my own potential to go

I am still holding on my dreams
Or try to find them in the first place
I have my right and justification to exist
To buoy up and uphold my dignity and grace

Far behind or even near or here is what I’m longing for
I can sense it inside of me some of the time, ever and anon
I will get there still in this life, if I take my chances so far
I’m sure I will get there to be there and stay there soon

I thought I had lost all believes and confidences
In the wonders, mystiques and “Gee’s!” of life
But, I guess, there are still surprises to get
As long as I can breathe, I am all alive

Nevertheless, I pray, dear “You”
Something I usually don’t do
Please, love me even more
And, let me love you too

‘Cause without you I’m nothing at all
No matter how hard I want to try
No matter what gain so far
Or what time goes by


H.C. Thiesgen
Sunday 28th May, 2017
13:11 hrs. (MET +)

No comments:

Post a Comment